UK Unmarried Partner Visa – What Everyone Should Know

UK Unmarried Partner Visa – What Everyone Should Know

UK Unmarried Partner Visa

As you are probably aware, there are many different types of visas available to non-UK citizens. One of them is the UK unmarried partner visa. This visa, which is also known as the UK defacto visa, lets an unmarried partner get to the UK and stay here in case they are in a relationship with an individual who is living in the UK. So, the person doesn’t have to be a UK citizen, only a resident in the UK who doesn’t have any immigration restrictions. Let’s not forget that the unmarried partner visa is available to same-sex relationships and heterosexual relationship, but only if you are able to provide evidence that the relationship is real and has existed for at least two years.

Here’s what you’ll need to apply for a UK unmarried partner visa

In case you get approved for a UK unmarried partner visa, you will also have a chance to start working in the UK from the moment you arrive there. Of course, there are certain eligibility requirements that are associated with this visa. So, you must meet these criteria to become eligible.

First of all, you and your partner must be at least 18 years old. Next, you have to prove that you intend to live together permanently. Furthermore, both partners must provide evidence that former relationships have been successfully ended in a legal way.

In order to apply for a visa like this, you also have to provide evidence that you have been living together with your unmarried partner for two or more years in a way similar to the one practiced by married couples. Documentary evidence is the only way to prove this.

Additionally, you have to provide proof that you have a sufficient amount of money to support both of you without the need to ask for public funds. The list of eligibility requirements continues with the requirement that states that you have to meet the English language requirements. Next, you must provide proof that you have adequate accommodation for both you and your partner. In the end, you (and your partner) have to earn 18.600 GBP or more per year. You can also have savings instead of that.

The first unmarried partner visa you will get will last for 33 months or 30 months. It all depends on the place where you are applying for this visa. It is possible to extend this visa for 30 months. When the total time of 5 years passes you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Getting UK Unmarried Partner Visa

The simplest way to get a visa like this is to opt for professional immigration agency like ours. We have a team of experts in this field that have already helped dozens of people get UK unmarried partner visa. They are equipped with knowledge, experience, and expertise that can help you get not only this visa but many other types of visa if you need one.



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: initial;}#stuning-header {min-height: 650px;}