What steps should I take if I am employing a migrant worker in the UK?

What steps should I take if I am employing a migrant worker in the UK?

As an employer of overseas talent, there are certain duties which you must fill.
Firstly, if you do not already have one, you must obtain a Sponsor Licence before employing any non-EEA workers on Tier 2 or Tier 5 Visa.

Once you have obtained such a licence, you must then issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to every prospective Tier 2 and Tier 5 migrant worker. This will enable them to apply for a work permit or visa, or extend their current stay in the UK.

You must also ensure that you update your Sponsorship Management System (SMS) to keep relevant records and reports in relation to your workers. This includes ensuring they meet their visa regulations and reporting any breaches that may arise to the Home Office.

Our immigration lawyers can assist you with any issues you may have when looking to employ and sponsor migrant workers. Our services include assisting with Sponsor Licence applications and performing compliance checks. With this, we will make sure that your employment methods are functioning legally, and resolve any instances where they are not. We also offer appeal services if you have received a discipline, such as a Civil Penalty, from the Home Office.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: initial;background-repeat: initial;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 650px;}